Sunday, August 24, 2014

Some days...

Some days just don't go like you have planned. Today was one of those days for  me. Normally I spend Sundays making a good grocery list, doing the shopping and prepping food for the next few days. That was what I had planned for today as well. But my hubby got called in to work early this morning. That left me alone with our 3 year old for the whole day. I would rather cut off a foot than take him grocery shopping. I also spent more time than I should have getting this blog set up. I tried a new recipe than wasn't so good. I burned the veggies for dinner and didn't get much school work done. I did finally get the courage to go shopping. RJ was pretty good and we got enough good to last for a few days. Some days are just like that. I'm learning to deal with these unexpected stressors without letting it ruin my diet. In the past I might turned to fast food as a quick fix, but not today. And in the end, it was a pretty good day. 

What I ate today:
(Low carb day)
Breakfast: Orowheat double fiber english muffin, turkey sausage, egg beaters
Snack: low fat cottage cheese with Splenda, almonds
Lunch: salad with salsa chicken, low fat Mexican blend cheese and guacamole
Snack: eggplant chips (not so good), homemade marinara sauce, deli turkey
Dinner: pork loin, sautéed cabbage, mushrooms and onions and steamed green beans


No comments:

Post a Comment